Do you have a special occasion coming up? Whether the two of you are marking a promotion, graduation, or anniversary, you can turn your celebration into a romantic event with just a little planning. You may not have the time or money to make a week-long vacation to mark the occasion, but you can make your celebration a special romantic day. Try these tips for your next special occasion:
- Blindfold your lover and drive to a surprise destination. Offer tantalizing clues along the way but don’t give out the secret until you reach your destination–whether it’s a local B&B, a downtown hotel, or a special campground.
- Gift wrap a present for your lover. Sneakily talk with the waiter before your food arrives and ask him to slip the present in one of the dishes–perhaps in the roll basket or a basket of tortilla chips.
- Surprise your mate after a restaurant dinner with a cake you’ve pre-ordered.
- Surprise your lover with a one-night vacation. Rent a room at a local hotel (even a budget motel) and decorate it with some five star goodies: a bottle of champagne, some chilled shrimp, fresh strawberries, cheese, French bread, whatever you like. Pack an overnight bag for each of you. Pick up your partner from work for a special surprise “night out.”
- Book the honeymoon suite in a local hotel.
- Turn your home bedroom into a romantic enclave for the night. Buy satin sheets, fresh flowers, tea candles, and a romantic CD to set the mood.
- Hire a limousine for your special evening out.