Romantic Care Packages
A Romantic Care Package is an assortment of items that you gather and put together – in a basket, shoe box, mug, or box – and give to your love. They are ideal gifts for those in long distance relationships and can usually be mailed with ease.
What to Put in a Romantic Care Package
Put careful thought into the things that your recipient likes, such as a certain candy or magazine, and include those things in your care package. Here are some other things to include in a romantic care package:
- A rock, small jar of sand, or sea shell you found on a walk
- Their favorite snack food
- A magazine or book they would enjoy
- A cute “Just Because” card
- A collection of love coupons they can redeem when you’re together
- Picture frame with a photo of you both together
- A hand-written love letter
- Use your laptop to create a “World’s Best Boyfriend/Girlfriend” or “Best Kisser” certificate for your love.
- Send a lipstick imprint of your lips, laminated, that they can keep in their wallet.
- A game of questions you can play together
6 Themed Care Package Ideas
Romantic Care Packages can be created with or without a theme. If you choose to send a themed romantic care package, put some thought into which would be most suited for your recipient. For example, if she often talks of being stressed, the Relaxation Basket would be perfect. I have some theme ideas below, but feel free to create your own if the creative juices are flowing.
1. Missing You Care Package
In addition to any of the items above, a missing you care package could include:
- Cute “I Miss You” card sprayed with your perfume
- A picture of you blowing kisses to your sweetheart
- Print a copy of some emails you’ve exchanged and tie them with a red ribbon.
- Fancy letter paper so your long distance love can write you letters. Include some stamps.
- Go old-school and send him or her a homemade CD of your favorite love songs
- Keep a journal of what you do each day and give it to your love. Include what time you woke up, what you had for breakfast, some of the things you did through the day, etc.
2. Relaxation/Pamper Basket
The most important thing to remember when creating a relaxation care package is that it matches the preferences of your recipient. For example, giving a basket of luxury bath items to someone who takes baths to relax, would be a hit. But to someone who does not take baths to relax, your gesture will have much less impact.
So think about what your sweetheart does now to relax, and use that to create your theme. Here are some ideas, choose those that match and add your own.
- Massage oil
- Essential oils
- Bath bombs, bath pillow and/or bath oil if she enjoys baths
- Relaxing eye mask
- Bottle of wine, scotch or rum
- Adult coloring book and crayons
- Candles in their favorite scent, or unscented if preferred
- Gift card for her favorite yoga studio
- Personal love coupon that entitles owner to breakfast in bed served by you or a neck and shoulder massage
- Gift card from their favorite pedicure spot, or spa
- Gourmet chocolates
- Noise cancelling headphones
- A book you know they’ll love
3. Chocolate Lovers Romantic Care Package
- Assorted chocolate that your love likes
- Chocolate body paint
- Chocolate covered coffee beans, if they like coffee
- Chocolate liquor, such as Godiva
- Unique chocolate snacks based on their preference, ex. chocolate covered chips or bacon
- Hot chocolate mix or chocolate sauce, if they enjoy these
- Chocolate kisses
4. Student Survival Kit
For the boyfriend, girlfriend or child away at college.
- Gift card for: movies, shopping at their favorite store, music, restaurants
- Roll of quarters for the laundry, if applicable
- Their favorite healthy snack
- Gourmet coffee or tea
- Note: think of things that they like, but can’t afford
5. “I Love You” Care Package
- A List of 101 (or more) things you love about your sweetheart
- A hand-written love letter
- A super mushy card
- A romance novel, if they read them
- Odds and ends that say “I love you” such as a key chain, socks, photo frame and so on.
- This “What I Love About You” book from Amazon.com
6. Movie Night
- Snacks they love: microwave popcorn & seasoning, chips & dip, pretzels, etc.
- Their favorite candy or dessert
- Adult drink they like, such as wine, beer or whiskey
- If they rent movies off iTunes or some other streaming service, a gift card
- A list of recommended movies you think they’ll enjoy based on your research!
- If you have kids, a personal gift certificate saying you’ll put them to bed
Do you have your own ideas? Feel free to share in the comments below.