10 First Date Ideas
The first date is always the hardest. You never know what to do. Most people will choose the old stand-byes, dinner or a movie. Now, for me this is always a great idea. I love movies. I am an avid film buff and I prefer watching a movie to television any day. And, I usually try to find someone who shares my passion for film. Sometimes, I just want to do something different, so here are a few suggestions that can be fun.
- Theater ? Most metropolitan cities have some sort of theater. And, for me it is close to watching a movie. So, I think it is fun and a little different. For the date to be successful, you need to know what your dating partner likes. Drama?s can be a little heavy on the first date. I tend to like comedies or a musical.
- Ice Skating ? Ice rinks are harder to find unless you are in a large city. But, they are loads of fun. I love to go to Rockefeller Center or the Wollman Rink in Central Park. These are both in New York City and are in a beautiful setting. It is a great way to laugh, talk and just have fun.
- Miniature Golf ? An old stand-bye that is still very fun. This is mostly a summer activity unless your city has a indoor miniature golf course. In 10 holes you will do a lot of talking and a lot of laughing. Don?t be afraid if you are not that good. No one shines at miniature golf. It is just a great ice breaker.
- Roller Skating ? Rollerblading is still a current sport. Lot?s of people do it. It is great exercise and a great way to talk and get to know one another. If you both are not good at the sport or have never tried it then take a 1 hour mini course. And, then you can spend many a weekend having fun and getting fit.
- Jazz Clubs ? Many people love Jazz. And, if you are not familiar with it, what better way to learn a little about that great musical era. A Jazz club is a fun scene and not loud enough that you can?t talk and get to know each other.
- Art Gallery ? This is only good if you both love art. Otherwise, it could get a little boring if only one person has fun and not too good an idea. This gives you and your date a way to talk about something other than yourselves. A great first date jitter breaker.
- Bowling ? An old stand bye that is lots of fun. Even if you are not good and as long as you don?t embarrass easily it will get you talking and laughing. And, laughing is the best thing to do on a date.
- Walking Tour ? This is great for an afternoon date. Lot?s of cities have walking tours. And, many people never think of a tour unless they are traveling. But, this is another great way to do something special on your first date that will help you find common ground between each other. And, it is a great way to learn about your city and each other.
- Park ? Parks are fun especially if you are athletic. Taking your date for a walk in the park gives you both lots of time to relax with each other and just talk. There are plenty of activities you can do in the park. Bring a Frisbee or rollerblades and just have fun.
- Billiards ? Billiards is also an old stand-bye that is a lot of fun. It gives you both a great opportunity to just talk, get to know each other and is lots of fun. And, don?t be embarrassed if you are not good. No one is watching you both miss. They will just see a couple having fun, so by all means laugh and make the other tables jealous.
These are a few activities to get you going on your first date. There are loads of other activities to try out. Just use your imagination and try something a little different. Your date will appreciate the thought and effort you put into having a fun first date.