We asked GetRomantic.com visitors how they cheer up their partner.
- Give him a big hug and tell him how great he is!
- I do little things for her…send a card, leave a voicemail, tell her I love her.
- I take her on a getaway. Just us for one or two days. No kids, no cell phones, just us.
- My husband is not a “hide-his-feelings” kind of a guy, so it’s easy for me to sense when something is bothering him. I usually start him a hot shower as soon as he gets home from work. I wait about five minutes after he gets in, (they need some alone time too!) and then I climb into the tub with him. I scrub him down with my “girlie” scrubbies and massage the heck out his scalp while shampooing.
- I put on some music like Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley or even David Bowie, and I will start dancing. Sometimes I will take the big inflatable green alien and start dancing with it to make him laugh until he cuts in and dances with me. If that doesn’t cheer him up, I just put on Jerry Maguire and make popcorn and he’ll perk right up.
- I send him love notes in the mail to let him know that I’m thinking about him.
- When something is bothering my boyfriend I snuggle up to him, tell him how much I love him, run my fingers through his hair, caress his arms, back and shoulders and wrap my arms around him.